Bowl, dine, dance
Max Bowl in Port Arthur has a new look and more is on the way. Here are the Top 10 reasons to “strike” up some fun:
1. The Max Burger is a half a pound of meat with crisp bacon and melted cheese. That, with a large order of fries, goes over pretty well, Doug Davidson says of his family’s bowling center.
2. Driving games, Dance Dance Revolution, The Wheel of Fortune and King of the Big Wheel are snazzy plays in the new arcade. Redeem credits for prizes from decorated duct tape to a cake pop maker.
3. Kids are welcome and parents can enjoy a lounge area as they watch their young bowlers knock down some pins.
4. Cosmic Bowl features black light evening bowling and a spaceship. Davidson said a disco-style dance area near the lanes is in the works.
5. Bingo! There’s room for nearly 200 players who play traditional cards or electronic ones.
6. Lunch and learn business meetings will never be the same. Groups can meet a bit, bowl a game, meet some more and eat.
7. Pen & Tonic is a bar with a colored light show, video and karaoke.
8. Hip and classic tunes from The Bowling Music Network energize visitors. Davidson said the music is “mom approved.”
9. Laser Frenzy challenges players to emerge from a lighted maze.
10. A two-story laser tag area is on the way.
A pro-shop, music system and friendly staff are also on the list of reasons to visit this family entertainment center at 3500 Regional Drive. For information, call (409) 722-8300.